Old 15-11-2002, 04:41 AM
Chas Hurst

Default Winterizing Gas Lawnmower?

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
I have 2 gas lawnmowers, and I have no idea what I need to do to them, so
that they will operate properly in the spring when I'll need them again.
Should I drain the gasoline? Put in an additive? What about the oil?

Does
it need to be drained? Any suggestion/advise are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte J.

Mix fuel stabilizer with gasoline and fill the tank. Run the engine to draw
that mixture into the engine.Drain the oil, and refill. Remove the sparkplug
and add a small amount (tsp) of oil into the spark plug hole. Replace the
sparkplug. You're good to go next spring.

Chas Hurst