Old 20-07-2007, 06:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Thuja problem

JackpipE wrote:

I planted 24 thujas from Lowes about 3 weekes ago and they are slowly
turning brown. I watered them about once a day once every two days for
the past 3 weeks and now I water them twice a day (early morning and
evening). Not all of them have this problem but at least half (12).
Few of them were planted close to large oak tree but I don't see any
connection between location where it was planted. They get about 3-5
hours of full sun.
Here are pictures:
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2628_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2629_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2630_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2632_resize.JPG
http://www.existonline.com/temp/IMGP2633_resize.JPG

All help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack

What size root ball did the trees come in? If they were in burlap, the
supplying
nursery could have cut off too many roots to fit in the bag size. If they were
grown
in pots, a better chance the roots were not cut. However, in pots you have to
check
if they were given enough room to expand out, or did they start to strangle
eachother.

Sherwin