Old 20-07-2007, 07:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Organic Farming Can Feed The World, Study Suggests

Ann wrote:

sherwindu expounded:

Right now, organic produce is somewhat of a novelty. If the prices
continue to stay high, nobody is going to jump on the bandwagon.

Sherwin, what area of the country are you in? Because I can assure
you organic produce is no novelty around here. You are truly
beginning to sound completely out of touch, and a bit paranoid.

I live in a northern suburb of Chicago where many stores like
Whole Foods are pushing the organic thing. By novelty, I am
refering to history over the past decade. I know organic growing
has been around for a long time, but we are only seeing it in any
great numbers over the past few years in our supermarkets and
produce stores.

Whether you like it or not, organics are here to stay, and will
continue to grow, as more and more people become educated as to just
exactly how manipulated our food supply is and how bad your beloved
chemicals are for them.

I never said organics is going away. I'm just waiting for the prices to come

down to a level where I can afford to buy them. I grow my own fruit and
vegetables in our growing season, but in the winter I rely on store bought
produce. Until the US government comes out with actual standards on
organic foods, I can't trust something that is just labeled organic. Too
many
slick people jumping in here to make big profits. In the meantime, I will
take
my chances with non-organic food, but take necessary precautions to wash,
peel, etc. anything that I think may be harmful.

Sherwin

Thankfully!
--
Ann