Old 20-07-2007, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Ripening Nectarines

We have a nectarine tree growing in a large terracotta pot which we bought
and planted this spring. It's outside against a south-facing wall and has
grown extremely well.

I was so relucatant to thin out the multitude of fruits but did eventually
do this - though not quite one to every six inches.

I feed the tree with tomatoe food every week and the foliage is luxurious -
but it's shielding all the fruit from the sun.

The fruits are now about large plum size, have a nice rosy flush in parts,
but are 'rock hard'.

Are these fruits likely to ripen covered by leaves?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Portland, Dorset.