Old 20-07-2007, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WaltA WaltA is offline

Default Bee orchid ?

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:56:45 +0100, Robert wrote:
Any comment upon the leaf colours of your D. and A. thingumies ?

Common spotted have mid-green, very distinctly spotted leaves at the
base of the plant. Pyramidal leaves are slightly paler, but narrower,
no spots, much more upright and they noticeably sheath the stem quite a
distance up it. This image (not mine) shows its characteristics quite
well. http://tinyurl.com/2kmajh

Excellent, thank you Robert,
It seems that we have the Common spotted not the Pyramidal, then.

I'll now go add "Common spotted" to my KeebleMartin'69