Old 20-07-2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default cucumber beetle infestation - what to do?

Check into "neem". It's been getting popular in the organic gardening
world for a few years now. Comes from an Indian tree. Apparently,
people in India just take it as a tonic, also. Anyway, there are a lot
of neem preparations around these days. i even saw some in Home Depot.

I have so many bugs now, mostly beneficial, I'm hesitant to do anything. My
garden has turned into a forest, and the cucumber beetles can't hurt it any.
I'm concerned that they will breed most prolifically - I need something that
kills them and not the other bugs. My daughters would never forgive me for
killing so much as one ladybug.