Old 20-07-2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default sunflowers and squirrels

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

Most of us are happy when diaper-changing days are over, and prefer not to
be cleaning up crap for other creatures. It's nice to be able to wander
out
in the yard at night, without having to watch where you're stepping.

Yea, but most of us don't hate dogs with a passion that will never
die. At least here in wreck.gardens I'm afraid it's only you who
lets such hatred cloud his heart (and mind!).
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a

It's not hatred. It's realism. You probably don't much like mosquitoes, and
you probably kill a few now and then when they affect you too closely.
There's no fundamental difference between a dog and a mosquito.

Then, there's coprophilia, something which many dog owners are afflicted
with. Why they don't seek treatment is unexplainable.

Don't they have leash laws in western New York? I have dogs but my yard
is fenced. My dogs know where they can toilet and where they can't. It
was just a matter of scolding them when they picked an inappropriate
spot.

As tacky as it sounds, if an owner isn't going to clean up a mess that
they are responsible for, the street would be a better place than the
sidewalk.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/