Old 20-07-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default sunflowers and squirrels

On Jul 20, 1:32?pm, Billy Rose wrote:

Don't they have leash laws in western New York?

Western NY encompasses a huge area and of many population densities...
depends on where. In cities, towns, and villages there are leash
laws... in rural boonies leash laws don't make sense. Contrary to
much public opinion, Noo Yawk is not all like NYC... NYS is mostly
very rural, in fact it's mostly wilderness. In rural and wilderness
areas you'd no more put a leash on a dog than on cows and sheep, on
deer and coyote. Where I live it's very rural but most folks with
dogs keep them on their own property... occasionaly a dog will wander,
as dogs do, but folks are no more annoyed at an occasional dog poop as
they are with poops from dozens and dozens of other animals... you'd
need to have a Phd in scatology to know which is from domestic dog.
If it bothered me that there're poops on my property I'd best move
into town.