Old 20-07-2007, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Half Price Time

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:43:45 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

clc wrote:
"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...=1&produ ctID

Looks like a heck of a good deal to me! I wouldn't have passed it up!

Cheryl

That's what I thought.........I'll find some uses for it yet!

I have a cart similar to that, probably from the same
factory in China...

If you haven't already found out they are HEAVY and for some
people here may be a bit much to pull around even empty.
That being said I really like mine but I walk ~10 miles a
day just for exercise

Make sure you check the pressure in the tires and keep an
eye on it. They tend to slowly leak and then it is even
harder to pull around.

Mine came from Menards for ~$50 on sale several years ago. I
think you got a good deal too, especially from TSC. I rarely
find any "deals" there since they bought out Farm & Fleet
several years ago. Though there stock on hand is much better
now and I do buy things there that I can't find somewhere
else (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b