Old 21-07-2007, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Jalapeno Conspiracy

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article ,
Jack Schmidling wrote:

wrote:

I've said over the past few years that the jalapeņos taste like
concentrated Bell peppers.

I believe it is a conspiracy.

Thank you. I have been reading this thread (which I started) for a week
and tasting jalapenos from the garden and the supermarket.

They are everything that has been said about them.... about the nicest
pepper on earth but they are not hot anymore.

They, like everything else, have been dumbed down for the mushbrained
masses.

If I come across a hot one, I will save the seeds and try to re-culture
them.

We have been screwed again by those who "know" what we should like....
Wonder bread, Bud, chicken breast and now sweet jalapenos

js

Is there such a thing as an heirlooom pepper seed exchange? Like for
tomatoes?

Yes, several of them, Google will show the way. In addition several
seedsmen rate their jalapeno's as to heat. I don't grow jalapeno's but
the local nurseries carry both the TAMU (Texas A&M University) mild and
the hotter versions. Keep it in mind though that jalapeno's are one of
the mildest chiles out there.

George