Old 20-07-2007, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Ripening Nectarines - thanks

Thank you...

"Broadback" wrote in message
Keith (Dorset) wrote:
We have a nectarine tree growing in a large terracotta pot which we
bought and planted this spring. It's outside against a south-facing wall
and has grown extremely well.

I was so relucatant to thin out the multitude of fruits but did
eventually do this - though not quite one to every six inches.

I feed the tree with tomatoe food every week and the foliage is
luxurious - but it's shielding all the fruit from the sun.

The fruits are now about large plum size, have a nice rosy flush in
parts, but are 'rock hard'.

Are these fruits likely to ripen covered by leaves?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Portland, Dorset.

As they are similar to peaches, which I grow just be patient, they will
ripen towards the end of Summer, did I write Summer? Well in a month or
two.