Old 20-07-2007, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Potato blight question

On the news last night they featured a potato grower who was having to
spray his crop against blight more frequently than usual, and thus at
greater expense.
What is the spray the commercial growers use?
Is there nothing other than Bordeaux mixture availble to us? I tried
it one year on my tomatoes and it was horrible.
Some of my plants have had to be removed. My allotment neighbour has
removed all of his, but his were all one variety and I have 2 of each
of about 10 varietie and am waiting to see if any are resistant to
blight.
It's heartbreaking!

Pam in Bristol