Old 21-07-2007, 05:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default sunflowers and squirrels

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"ctlady" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ask everyone you know (including yourself) to save those mesh bags that
onions come in. Put them over the developing flowers and tie with any
non-plastic string. Ugly, but they work.

Squirrels will eat right through those mesh bags; they know how to
destroy just about anything. I found old nylon stocking stretched
over the sunflowers will deter the birds but as far as squirrels I use
a Havahart trap regularly and make regular "deposits" on the other
side of town.

That hasn't been my experience, but things can happen somewhere else that
don't happen here. I read that somewhere.

So which one are you? Walter Matthau or Jack Lemon?
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/