Old 21-07-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default looks like a raccoon visit - picture

chatnoir wrote:
I Have my pond surrounded by four
feet high chicken wire! On top of that I have a frame and pond
netting covering the pond to about 6.5 feet high!
My grape vines look like your destroyed pond island; but they did not
break through the bird netting!

OK, I understand that we have encroached on nature and ponds should
expect some predators. But the above seems to me to be a little over
the top. Didn't most of us get into this situation because we wanted to
sit by the pond with a favorite beverage, and gaze upon our creation and
enjoy it.

Can you really see the pond with a 6.5 foot fence around it?

Chip