Old 21-07-2007, 08:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James James is offline

Default drought conditions

On Jul 21, 12:33 am, "Dave" wrote:
"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
just to show you how dry it is around here...........

the local paper did an article on the corn crops this summer:

http://clintonnc.com/articles/2007/0...topstory95.txt

Awful. Here in TN we're so far below normal in rainfall pastures are
already brown and stock ponds are drying up. Crops have failed and unless
watered, gardens dry up and die. This is the worst drought I can remember
since moving here 25 years ago.

My recommendation is to keep the faith. Adjust to the drought, don't ignore
it, or not adjust to it. When your typical water sources for people
consumption are disappearing, it time to adjust even more. A garden and/or
lawn may be out of the question. Don't wait for litigation by local
authorities. Assure your neighbors are on the same page if all of you don't
use a a municipal water source.
Dave

Some of those English folks probably wished they had a drought this
year.