Old 21-07-2007, 01:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Azalea chlorotic

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:20:35 -0700, Persephone wrote:

I have had azaleas in that large pot on the E. side of the house
before; they bloomed magnificently, but it's true they only produced
for about 3-4 seasons.

I'll get some sulfur and see if it will work with the previously
applied iron.

Persephone

Where do you live, Persephone, I forget. If it is in a place with
very hot summers it will be extremely difficult keeping azalea's
healthy unless you have naturally occurring acidic soil.

In Dallas there is a strip of very acidic soil running through the
center of town in the city. They have huge azalea's there which are
healthy, vibrant and huge. They thrive through the heat because the
soil is naturally acidic.

Just some added info to what Stephen already told you.