Old 21-07-2007, 01:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

"Morvin Stayner" wrote in message
"Clark" wrote in
news

It was not that large, maybe if you looked at the pic you would have
noticed,
The "stick" is 10 inches long by 3/4 if an inch wide, and I have mowed
over many of them with my 32" Toro with no problems, And for that
matter with a friggen push mower that I bought from Sears for $110.00.

So mowing your lawn and hitting a stick is neglect and misuse huh?
I'm guessing your perfect and have never done such a thing,
Good for you! (have a cookie)

I'm glad your not the Sears guy.

Clark

And I suppose your friggen push mower just chopped them up into tooth
picks
with little or no extra effort. Come on!

A 10" x 1" inch piece of wood is no small object, no matter what the
species, and it takes considerable force to shred it.

While your Toro may have been able to handle it, I seriously doubt that
the
deck and blade of a Sears mower is anywhere near the same quality.

Caveat emptor!

By the way I didn't ask Sears to come out to fix the mower, that was their
offer.
I called them to ask if a $1600.00 lawn tractor is going to bend a blade
(and slice the mowing deck) every time I hit something like a stick.
I understand the bending blades, as I have replaced many, and I have bent
more than my share of mowing decks (hey there's a stump in the grass who
knew)
as far as the quality, husqvarna makes the mower, and Consumer Reports rated
the Sears mowers a good deal at their price point.

A 10" x 1" inch piece of wood is no small object

I guess that's relative My dick is so large that I've always considered 10
inches kinda small or at least average.
I don't know who to feel bad for, you or your wife. ;-)

Clark