Old 21-07-2007, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default drought conditions

Sadly, I think you're right. The whole of it breaks my heart. When I
was a kid we had two hundred million people. Now it's three hundred
million and expected to go up to four hundred million by 2050. Sad.

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:51:01 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

Yep, that's where we're at. That dry line may move or disappear if it keeps
raining...

I've seen plenty of evidence to support that we're in the middle of a
climate change. Including the Al Gore film concerning global warming.

My opinion is there is enough evidence to conclude so as well. The basic
core reason for me, like so many other things, is the human population is
too high for this planet to support. Their energy usage habits, resulting
of CO gases are just secondary effects. The basic problem remains
unaddressed. Depressing and sad as it may be, only a calamity can fix it.
Dave

"jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
We normally get 31 inches of rain in C. Texas. We sit directly in the
part of this state where four of the ten regions in TX intersect. We
are also on the dry line.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying we don't have
problems with climate change on the planet? Did you not see An
Inconvenient Truth? I saw plenty of evidence in that film.

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:36:41 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

That's after coming out of a 3 year drought. The last year was considered
severe drought. Year total to date this year exceeds the entire yearly
total expected in an average year by 50%. Everything including the dead
lawns are now green. Live oaks in the hill country are still sprouting
new
leaves, unusual. The bug and varmint population is loving it.

The cause of the drought (high pressure cells hanging in one place for an
extended period of time), and unusual amount of precipitation/cloud
cover/lower temps (low cells doing similar) is debatable. After "proof"
is
presented, its a matter of leap of faith to arrive at a conclusion.
That's
what science is based on, many people forget.
Dave

"jangchub" wrote in message
And in Central TX we've had more rain then we normally get in a year.
I suppose climate change has nothing to do with this.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:55:15 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

REMEMBER that the biggest problem for trees during drought is over
watering
of urban trees. Of course lack of nurse logs in wooded areas is a
serious
problem for trees during drought.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep
reminding
us
that we are not the boss.

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
just to show you how dry it is around here...........

the local paper did an article on the corn crops this summer:

http://clintonnc.com/articles/2007/0...topstory95.txt