Old 21-07-2007, 08:34 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.med.pharmacy
Steve H Steve H is offline

Default detoxifying giant hogweed

Phototoxic?

You have SUN in Midlothian?

Shouldn't think there will be anything to worry about this year!

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
Sorry - I do know how to detox Giant Hogweed.

This is clearly not the reply you want, but this plant is an invasive
and dangerous alien and should be eliminated. Please report it to
your local council and/or wildlife trust. Try http://www.swt.org.uk/

Given the extent of the cuts Midlothian Council have made in their
environment budget, they are about as likely to attack it as start
their own space programme.

People like me with a use for it are a better bet for getting it
under control right now. I've only seen about 20 plants in the
parts of the county I pass through regularly and I can make a fair
dent in that total single-handed.

Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554
975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739
557