Old 01-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Need pond help

Mike,

Nice pond already. You will get great returns if you invest some more
muscles in following:

1. Lower the water about 12"
2. Dig a shelf 12" wide by 3" deep around your perimeter!
3. Lay your liner back down over the shelf.
4. Place rocks about 6-8" high on the shelf over the liner!
5. Turn the liner back over the rocks temporarily!
6. Place dirt back against the liner that is against the rock to the
height of the rock (3"higher than your water level. The dirt needs to be
about 9-12" wide band, and then slopes back down to grade.
7. Turn the liner back over the built up dirt dam.
8. Find relatively flat rocks. Place them in layers half over the rock
and dam, and some over the dam and slope away.
9. Trim liner on the outside edge of top rock.
10. Leave your mulch alone on the outside of the rock since you have now
elevated the perimeter of your pond, as such the mulch will not fall back in
the pond (Neither will runoff water)
11. Around your pond for say 3' band you can use finer barks that won't
hurt your bare foot!
12. Throw in some fish, so that you can stop worrying about the bark, and
start worrying about the Koi, raccoons, heron, and other critters.
13. Buy 2 cases of Guinness! 1 for you, 1 for me!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
Hey can anybody give me any tips on how to fix the edges of this pond? I
don't want the liner to show. I know I should of buried some rocks on
the edges half submerged, but I was in a rush when I made it, doh.

Also is there anything better to surround the pond with than mulch? It
seems to be falling in and it's really annoying. Not very comfortable to
walk on either.

Thanks
Mike

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/pond1.jpg