Old 22-07-2007, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

on 7/21/2007 4:50 PM Clark said the following:
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message

I had a Sears mower and the blades were so soft I could bend them with
my hands. I bent one and put it on my knee and bent it back. So much for
Sears.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Thanks for the heads up, turns out the blades that it came with were thin
and goofy looking.
I went to Sears and bought a new set, same model number totally different
blade!

The new blades are thicker, and have a "crease" on both sides 3/4 of the
length of the blade, looks like they were added to make the blade more
rigid.
so far I like them

Clark

You shouldn't have had to 'buy' new blades, Sears should have replaced
them with the newer blades, since this is a defect in materials.
I wonder how many others have had the same problem with those flimsy
blades?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY