Old 22-07-2007, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Donating seeds to charity

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:25:11 +0100, NumboJumbo wrote
(in article . com):

snip

I'm looking to donate some flower and vegetable seeds to charities,
for possible use in Africa or wherever these seeds go to once they're
given to charity.

snip suggestions

Well, judging by what has been said above and from what I have found
out subsequent to my post here, it seems that the route I should be
going down is to either donate money to organisations that help 3rd
world people or to check out local gardening groups. I'm into
recycling and being green and I really wouldn't mind someone else
using the seeds, so I'm off to the Allotments Forum to see what I can
dig up http://www.allotments-uk.com/forum/

In that case, why not offer them on Freecycle? To see if there is a group
near you, try: http://www.freecycle.org/groups/unitedkingdom/

It's an excellent resource.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation