Old 22-07-2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Jalapeno Conspiracy

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Billy Rose wrote:

My understanding is that taste buds do lose their sensitivity with
aging which explains why sometimes geezers some times like really
funky foods.

That would be easy to test. According to that hypothesis, if I find a
hot one, younger folks should find it very hot. I can't tell the
difference between my rejects and bell peppers. My wife is 12 years
younger and agrees on all of our tasting judgments heat.

js

actually, the taste buds sensitivity changes every 7 years or so, with
everyone. it's not just an old age thing. what you might like now, you
might not like in 7 years, etc.