Old 23-07-2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Will the rosemary take over

I may have goofed, this is my first herb garden and I think I planted the
wrong items next to each other.

I have rosemary planted next to my lavender plants and it looks like the
rosemary is going to take over the entire section - it's easily 5 times
larger than it was when I planted it in March. So now the lavender is
leaning to the sun, growing into the rosemary with the rosemary spreading
out in all directions growing into the lavender. The only thing that grew
more than the rosemary is the catnip - that thing is HUGE!

When I planted it I understood that rosemary was a bush, but I wasn't
expecting it to be a large bush. Can I clip it back and still maintain its
health - if so how do I clip it and where?