Old 23-07-2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Azalea chlorotic

In article m,
mleblanca wrote:

On Jul 22, 2:45 pm, Billy Rose wrote:
In article .com,

mleblanca wrote:
On Jul 22, 9:45 am, Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Henning wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:

Haven't seen you around before. Don't read books by any chance do you?
What ever you do, don't mention books to the dogs. It seems to put them
on edge and they can do some frightful howlin' those dogs can. I've had
to close me windows.
--
Billyhttp://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Billy
Stephen Henning has been our resident azalea/rhodie guru for maybe
10 years. He always gives good advice IMO
Emilie

Thanks for the FYI.
--
Billyhttp://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Oh you're welcome. Did you get any of that rain storm Wed?
Chico got .27 inch. Didn't do much, except for giving the
peaches a fungal outbreak. We were camping in the mts. and
it rained off and on for 12 hours. Cold----60 degrees-brrr
Emilie
NorCal

Rain? We got a lot of drip but it's hard to call it rain. We are up to
..08" for the year. 'Course .00" would be more normal. Heard that
California is called the "Golden State" because of all the golden
colored hills from May to November. Works out well for the grapes
though. Don't have to be fightin' rusts, smuts, and mildews all the time.

What you mean you went camping in the mountains? You live in the
mountains or do you mean the Sierra Nevadas, that vestige of the Pacific
subduction zone which strings dormant volcanoes on up in to Oregon and
Washington? Most of California came in with the Pacific Plate until the
San Andreas right slip fault zone by and large put a stop to it (but it
peters out a Point Mendocino). Those mountains? Maybe up to Shasta or
over to Lassen or out to Weaverville and Claire-Engle Lake (the Pomos
call it the boonies)? Camping under the stars, with just you, the wind,
and the brown bears. Fun stuff. Lassen is really nice for spring wild
flowers and the are some granite ponds north of Weaverville to die for
on an Aug. afternoon.
Your climate is more continental than ours. Sounds like you get an
earlier start and finish, than we do here by the coast. Rains usually
trigger the mildew for us in November. All the cucurbits go toes up as
do the last of the 'maters. Then being on the north side of a hill the
Sun ducks down below the tree line on the ridge in early Dec. and pops
back up in Feb. and then were of to the races again.

You havin' any water problems at the north end of the valley?

So where did you go camping?