Old 22-07-2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

"willshak" wrote in message
on 7/21/2007 4:50 PM Clark said the following:
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message

I had a Sears mower and the blades were so soft I could bend them with
my hands. I bent one and put it on my knee and bent it back. So much for
Sears.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Thanks for the heads up, turns out the blades that it came with were
thin and goofy looking.
I went to Sears and bought a new set, same model number totally
different blade!

The new blades are thicker, and have a "crease" on both sides 3/4 of the
length of the blade, looks like they were added to make the blade more
rigid.
so far I like them

Clark

You shouldn't have had to 'buy' new blades, Sears should have replaced
them with the newer blades, since this is a defect in materials.
I wonder how many others have had the same problem with those flimsy
blades?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The guy that came for the service call did offer me two new blades for no
charge, (and I quote: the blades are not covered by warranty but here's two
new blades anyhow). The service guy then went on about how bad the stock
blades were, and the ones he offered me were heavy duty (again same part
number)
I refused the new free blades, and just stated that I was disappointed that
a $1600.00 mower would have such lousy blades on it.

I'm posting some Pics (well links) so you guys can honestly tell me if I'm
wrong or not.

Thanks

Clark