Old 23-07-2007, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Problem with Fescue

[Top-posting fixed]

Peter Pan said:

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..
I have a lawn with tall fescue grass. Basically I don't have too many
problems with my yard until about mid summer. Every year I notice that
after the summer's first real heat /humidity wave, some of the lawn,
instead of being nice and tall and thin, becomes more spread out and fat.
Is this normal or do I need to do something to my yard? (New Jersey)

Here are some pics of what I was talking about
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...119/grass1.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...119/Grass2.jpg

1. Your fescue needs water, badly.
2. You have a nutsedge problem.
3. The "spread out and fat" grass isn't fescue. It's crabgrass (and from
the looks of it, both large and smooth varieties).

--

Eggs

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?