Old 22-07-2007, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)[_2_] Cat(h)[_2_] is offline

Default OT MS Vista

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:08:20 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

Thanks to a lightening strike I have had to replace one of our machines, the
new one has "Vista" (I expect I will get used to it in time!)
The point of this posting is just to say that while much of my old third
party software has gone on without a murmur the same was not true of my very
expensive MS Office (2000) and I thought people may like to know I have
solved the problem by changing to "Open Office" which so far seems
completely compatible in both directions with ms office and only costs £6
!!!

The only difficulty I have ever had with working between Open Office
and MS Office was with teh OO equivalent of Powerpoint - which is far
more intuitive than the MS version - but the animations I had set up
on Open Office did not turn out to work on Powerpoint. Plus the
person I emailed it to could not open it - just as well I had saved as
MSPP and brought my memory stick with me. I just had to do without
the animations.

Cat(h)