Old 22-07-2007, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Newsgroup question

"OG" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"OG" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"OG" wrote in message

"Susan" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:52:47 -0000, "Bella"
wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as
an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or
Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP
posting date

I don't need to look at it again!

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for
and post pictures to.

Yes but that's not what Susan asked for - she specified a newsgroup
which allowed attachments.

Indeed, but I'm willing to bet sixpence to a shilling that she's more
interested in posting a picture 'somewhere', rather than specifically on
a newsgroup.

I'm not a mind-reader, I only reply to what's asked :-)

Mary

I work in designing computer systems, and I know that very often people
describe their needs in terms of what they think the solution should be
rather than describing their needs in terms of what they want to do.

A bit like when people go to the doctor 'for a prescription'.

I still wouldn't make assumptions about people's intentions, I give them
more credit than that.

And I've worked in the community, at Citizen's Advice Bureau, so I don't
need lessons about interpreting questions.