Old 22-07-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Progress report on the pond construction 6 weeks on.....

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Thanks for the update. We would gladly take your rain...although
Texas has been sharing for the last week or so. The acre pond is up
by nearly a foot! That is GREAT news for the fish that are in it. We
were sort of your situation in reverse: you had rain and no fish. We
had fish and no rain. Now maybe it will even out.

Well the whole of the Thames Valley is now on flood alert. They expect
the Thames to burst it banks here around Tuesday. Some other rivers have
already burst their banks and there has been some bad flooding locally -
one of the local out of town cinemas has turned into a large outdoor
swimming pool. We're lucky as we are quite high up - the road just turns
into a river as it gushes down towards the Thames from the hills -
there's been a bit of damage to the drains but that's it. The lower
parts of our little suburb might get flooded, including the area where
my brother lives if the Thames breaches as badly as they think that it
might. But we shall wait and see. More rain forecast daily, and another
heavy downpour on Thursday - it doesn't seem to get any better although
it was dry today.

Pics? Could you post any?

Jim

Still not much to see but I will as soon as there is - I'll probably
post them on TFA....

Gill