Old 22-07-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Progress report on the pond construction 6 weeks on.....

Derek Broughton wrote:
Gill Passman wrote:

Well the whole of the Thames Valley is now on flood alert.

I was listening to a BBC radio reporter yesterday (reported by our Canadian
news anchor as being from "Wooster") who sounded so panicky we assumed the
water must be up to his chin.

Well, depending where he was located he could have actually been
treading water and it really should have been above his chin.....we
still don't know what is going to hit the town....but we are above the
flood plain so it won't get us.....but we have made contiguency plans
for family that do live down there.....

It's been wetter than normal here in Nova Scotia this year, but not
catastrophically so. Whenever it's looked like flooding could be a
possibility, we get a few days of sun.

We had brilliant sunshine today......but it is what has already fallen
coming down the river that is the problem when it comes off the
hills....heavy rain forecast for tomorrow - hey, ho

Gill