Old 23-07-2007, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default HELP: Unknown Predator destroying my garden

Charlie wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:17:29 -0500, "JS" wrote:

In the past few days, I have noticed my backyard garden
has been invaded by an unknown predator. Right now
I am growing beans. I have noticed that
any leaves or branches within 1 foot or so
from the ground are practically gone or destroyed.
I would like to get some advises from your
experts in this forum what I should do to prevent
further problem. I am suspecting a rabbit ? but
may be not. I am almost certain that
it happens at night time. BTW, I live in Dallas, TX
area.

I just this minute returned from the garden after encountering a
two-thirds grown rabbit, in the green beans, mowing them down. The cat,
and the owls, had missed him when he was smaller.

I didn't miss. .177 at 1100 fps.

Joe doesn't like dogs, I don't like rabbits in my space. Destructive
and usually loaded with fleas and internal parasites and other
diseases. They are simply food for those higher on the chain.

Charlie

we usually just catch the rabbits, then give them to my sis, who tames
them.......nice shot though.

you could make you a rabbit stew, or roast...hear that fried rabbit is a
bit tough....