Old 23-07-2007, 03:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

"Srgnt Billko" ...
"Tomes" ...
"Clark" ...
I'll have one for ya.
I agree on the blade thing, something tells me I should buy a dozen or
so blades, just in case.

I have 3 sets from before I started to sharpen my blades myself. I had
one on the mowing deck, one sharp and ready to put on and the other one
at the shop being sharpened/waiting for me to pick it up (meaning
stored at the shop, grin). Then when I dulled my blades I would swap
in the good set, run the dull ones to the shop, and get the sharp ones
to be ready for the next round.

Now I sharpen my own blades, which turns out to be easy with a dremel
and a bench clamp. Just grind a new bevel and ensure that it is
reasonably balanced.

Bent blades are tossed into the metal recycling, not fixed.
Tomes

I use a 4" disk grinder.

Yep, I wish I had one, but this is what I have....
Tomes