Old 23-07-2007, 04:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Lotus bloom

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:03:15 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

My ponds are doing fine with lots of blooms on the water lilies but the
stubborn Lotus still refuses to bloom. Lots of nice leaves but never a
flower in all these years.

Try my recipe! I use 20 gallon half barrel size pots and fill about
6 to 8 inches with dirt and add 4 Aquatic Spikes. Fill with water,
lay a tuber on the dirt at least 4 inches away from the spikes and
place a rock/weight on top. My unknown variety had 9 blooms this
season and the Mrs Perry D Slocum had three.

I saw one of the plants a friend put in her pond the other day and it
has it's first bloom due to open in a week or so. The dirt and time
released fertilizer seem to make a big difference.

I'm done until I turn the pots over next February. I think it was a
good season.

Regards,

Hal