Old 23-07-2007, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default OT MS Vista

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

I'm avoiding Vista for as long as possible (I'm a professional software
developer) and the majority of my business colleagues are avoiding it
too - other than to try it out and prod and poke it without using it in
any serious way yet. It is too slow, takes too much memory, has a huge
amount of irrelevant bloat and has compatibility problems with numerous
pieces of software and hardware.

So until it is forced upon us by the demise of XP we are avoiding it like
the plague! It is also proving to be a support headache too, with the
increased security affecting it's ability to run various programs which
just leave end users baffled when their favourite program starts coughing
up error messages or Vista spews out security messages. Pile of poo in my
professional opinion, just another money spinner for Microsoft with
questionable benefits for everyone else - and this from someone who makes
his living writing software to run on Microsoft computers!

As a developer too, I think you're being far too generous.

It isn't that good.