Old 23-07-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Red Geranium seeds

On 23/7/07 07:18, in article , "John
Vanini" wrote:

Thanks to all who answered my question. I've read each one and made copious
notes (honsetly!).

However, I took a walk down the garden, a couple of days ago (in between
the bouts of extremely heavy rain that we in the South of
England have learned to call summer this year! ) and there, blooming, in a
large flower-pot, was exactly what I was looking for! My wife apparently
took cuttings from a plant she got from somewhere and it's been there for a
couple of winters now! I must learn to open my eyes! I can only suppose that
when I've seen it, it's not been flowering and when it has been flowering,
I've not noticed it among all the other flowers (on the other hand it could
be old age, senile decay, and poor eyesight!)

Anyway, I took my wife to a garden centre for a coffee and just a look and
there we found pots upon pots of the same geranium, in full bloom - so
bought two! They were just identified as "Zonal" geraniums - no other name
was given so I still don't know the variety.

I'm really pleased that you found it and that you have a wife with such
foresight! ;-) I saw a truly beautiful one the other day in the nursery,
growing in a pot of our own but forgot to ask Ray what it is. I thought of
you because it's a wonderful clear red. I'll try to remember to ask him the
name.

snip

--
Sacha