Old 23-07-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default ID Butterfly or moth

I've just seen a beautiful butterfly or moth on the Japanese anemone leaves.
I fear it's taking a hammering in this constant rain but don't know what it
is or what if anything, I should do for it. It's wings are folded flat, not
spread and it has very distinctive black and white stripes on each wing with
a scarlet line down the middle of its 'back'. Anyone know what it is or if
I should put it in a jar with some of whatever it eats?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk