Old 01-04-2003, 07:32 AM
renwok

Default looking for landscaping software...

"KrisHur" wrote in message ...
There has been considerable discussion on garden software over the past few
years and the consensus is it doesn't exist--yet.

I've used Sierra and Broderbund, both stink. Sierra crashes a lot and both
are OK if you are designing a whole landscape of trees and bushes, but
absolutely stink when trying to design perennial beds and/or vegetable
gardens.

Paper and colored pencils really are better. For each bed, I take 4 pieces
of paper and label them Spring, Early Summer, M/L Summer and Fall. Circles
are the plants, they are colored in with their bloom color on the
corresponding sheet and are colored in green on the sheet when not in bloom.
It's worked well for me.

See, what we need is somthing to show in semi realism what changes
might look like. Not everyone can visualize with their mind what
somthing looks like on a sheet of paper. Just as some people like to
get a walk thru of their house before its built, i'd like to be able
to show people what their yard would look like before its done.

Yours,

k31