Old 23-07-2007, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Deer prevention

Phisherman expounded:

I have been trying to grow English ivy for several years. The deer
keep clipping the ivy down to the ground, leaving bare soil that
creates an erosion issue. I tried fox/human urine, blood meal,
milorganite, Irish Spring, deer scram. Some say "Spider Lily" repels
deer. A dog is effective. I found that bird netting around the ivy
protects it and any ivy that attempts to grow outside the netting gets
clipped off. Finally, some ivy is growing up large pine trees where
the deer can not reach it.

I hope you don't like those large pine trees, because they'll be dead
sooner or later from the ivy.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts