Old 23-07-2007, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default shipping questions

Thanks Ray. I guess it does add up.

"Ray B" wrote in message
In winter, I add 1 or 2 heat packs, depending upon the size of the box.
In wholesale quantities, they're under $2 each. However, as they do have
a relatively short life, if the recipient is more than 2 days away by
ground, I upgrade them to 2-day Express service. With that, it might add
that much.

In summer, when I know the packages will warm up, I thoroughly water the
plant before shipping (something to avoid in winter). That evaporative
cooling seems to do the trick. I do not charge for that.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
On another site I read a person wondered about shipping chocolate in
summer months. The factory rep responded that it cost $50 to ship a $24
order, so advised waiting till fall to order chocolate thru the mail.

Now, we don't wait to ship living organisms like orchids..... so what's
up with that?? Vendors commonly use cool/heat pads when they ship, and I
don't think they cost an additional $20-$25 does it?

K Barrett