Old 23-07-2007, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Honest opinions please,

on 7/23/2007 11:05 AM Tomes said the following:
"willshak" ...

Tomes :

Me too. I like the lift system, looks easy once it is set up. Gotta
have that cross-piece though. I also remove my mower deck to work on
the blades, but on my JD it takes me about 2 minutes, easy as cake.
You also need to drink that beer.

My Murray deck takes about 15 minutes to remove, with or without beer.
:-)

On the JD it is turn the deck wheels sideways, lower the deck, pull the
J-pins holding up the rear, unhook the front bracket, remove the belt that
is now loose and roll it out sideways. That is all there is. Putting it
back on takes maybe 3 minutes. What else do you need to do?
Tomes

Lay on the ground. Remove 6 (bobby) pins. 1 for the front hanger rod pin
(then pull;the 8" rod out). 4 pins (2 each side) holding torsion rods
and hangers (some require the use of pliers because they are not readily
accessible to hands), 1 pin for the mower actuator rod. Remove drive
belt. Turn the steering wheel to left fully and angle the deck to be
able to slide it out between the front and rear wheels, which would not
fit if slid straight out. The deck wheels do not swivel.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY