Old 23-07-2007, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Any cures for fungus infected goosegogs?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:11:43 +0100
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message

The powdery mildew never stopped them from making fine preserves,

Or even for stewing or pies, in my experience. It rubs off very easily.

Most of the time. Sometimes it settles into a sort of black sludge though.
And infected berries seem to be smaller.

I see I wasn't very careful in the previous post, and implied I pulled mine
out because of the mildew. Mostly was because of age, I believe they
were about 20-25 years old. Also we put a low stone wall along the
drive, which they impeded somewhat. Had they been super croppers I
would have kept, though.

-E
--
Emery Davis