Old 23-07-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Any cures for fungus infected goosegogs?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:37:07 GMT
(WaltA) wrote:

[]
But now I am puzzled because 20-25 is no age at all for gooseberries,
we have been here 30y and the goosberry bushes were already here when
we arrived.

Walt, I was under the impression that they weren't long lived, and based my
estimate of age on that. They were already gnarly but cropped well still when
we bought the house 15 years ago. In fact they might well have been 60.
Not sure where I had my impression from, but suspect I read it somewhere
(which does not necessarily imply reliability.) I wonder if anyone else can
weigh in with information on the useful lifetime.

One thing I'll wager on, they weren't "Careless!" Almost certainly layered
from another local plant.

cheers,

-E

--