Old 23-07-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Help........

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
*snip*

the town has been doing a "revitalization" in that general area. We
suspect that they are trying to drive us out, because of the land being
right outside of the current town limits. Also another factor is that my
uncle and his wife are the town manager and chief administrator,
respectively, and they are upset that pops left those few cows to us,
instead of all to them & theirs. So we have had no help on the local
government level.

Bells ringing. We may have an answer here. Which developer is cozy with your
uncle and his wife, and wants you out?

Which one isn't? Will have to check it out. There are a few different
contractors working in the general area. They are trying to *build up*
the town. On the next ballot is to allow liquor by the drink to attract
more restaurants, and on the agenda at the town meetings for the last
few and the next few up-coming months, is how to get the down-town
churches to *move* from down-town. Even one church that has been there
since before the town was a *town*. They think that if the churches move
out, then businesses will be more attracted to the area, and more
revenue will come in from the downtown. They want to make roseboro
compete with likes of wilmington, raleigh, and fayetteville.