Old 23-07-2007, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

Clark wrote:
"Art" wrote in message
Clark wrote:
The guy that came for the service call did offer me two new blades for no
charge, (and I quote: the blades are not covered by warranty but here's
two new blades anyhow). The service guy then went on about how bad the
stock blades were, and the ones he offered me were heavy duty (again same
part number)
I refused the new free blades, and just stated that I was disappointed
that a $1600.00 mower would have such lousy blades on it.

And why would you refuse new free blades that were better? That make no
sense at all.

--
Art

The service guy hinted that the new blades were going to "fall" off the
truck and he would not know what happend to them.

I might be allot of things but I don't take "free" stuff.

Clark

Hmmm. I took that as the guy was trying to look out for you. He new the
originals were crap and probably didn't feel like telling you that you
had to pay for new blades. They have a fair amount of leeway for
goodwill consideration. I think you should have accepted them, but
that's just me.

--
Art

--