Old 23-07-2007, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike P Mike P is offline

Default Any cures for fungus infected goosegogs?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:23:34 -0700, Martin Brown
wrote:

snipped
... On Jul 23, 8:31 am, (A.Lee) wrote:
... For the past 3 years my goosegogs have had a coating of powdery white
... mildew type fungus. This is killed off by a spraying of fungicide, but
... the residue make the gooseberries rather unappealing.
... American powdery mildew. You can spray with various fungicides and
... prune the bushes to open them out and let more air in.
... Regards,
... Martin Brown

Whilst we are on the subject .... When should you prune currant bushes
and apple trees .... ?
Thanks

Mike P