Old 23-07-2007, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
steve auvache steve auvache is offline

Default Any cures for fungus infected goosegogs?

In article , Mike P
mike@askme.? writes
..
.. Whilst we are on the subject .... When should you prune currant bushes
.. and apple trees .... ?
.. Thanks
..
.. Mike P

I mean ... what time of year ?

I don't grow soft fruit bushes so really have no idea but my apple trees
get pruned when I think they need it.

Expert opinion varies on exactly when you should prune but seems to fall
into two camps, that of pruning for fruit and that of pruning for
development.

Logically I should side with those expert on pruning for shape. I regard
the tree part of my apple trees as little more than large bonsai and so
will snip and occasionally saw bits away when it offends my opinion of
what constitutes beauty with no though to the date on the calendar or
the height of the midday sun. I get apples sufficient for my needs
(most years) and my trees look pleasing to me and I seem to be totally
at odds with all the experts.

--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features