Old 23-07-2007, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Yes Baby Yes Baby is offline

Default OT MS Vista

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/7/07 08:53, in article ,
"David
(Normandy)" wrote:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Thanks to a lightening strike I have had to replace one of our machines,
the
new one has "Vista" (I expect I will get used to it in time!)
The point of this posting is just to say that while much of my old third
party software has gone on without a murmur the same was not true of my
very
expensive MS Office (2000) and I thought people may like to know I have
solved the problem by changing to "Open Office" which so far seems
completely compatible in both directions with ms office and only costs
£6
!!!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I'm avoiding Vista for as long as possible (I'm a professional software
developer) and the majority of my business colleagues are avoiding it
too -
other than to try it out and prod and poke it without using it in any
serious way yet. It is too slow, takes too much memory, has a huge amount
of
irrelevant bloat and has compatibility problems with numerous pieces of
software and hardware.

snip

I've never even heard of Vista! Is it going to affect Mac users. Please
tell me 'no!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk