Old 23-07-2007, 11:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Progress report on the pond construction 6 weeks on.....

k wrote:
Got home from a rained out vacation
(do I see a theme building here) last
night... haven't been able to see the
news so will watch tonight. When was
the last time the Thames floaded?

k :-)

The last bad flood here was 2003 although it has flooded elsewhere I
think. The worst flood was in 1947 which according to our local
council's website is a 60 cyclical flooding.....so I guess we are due
for it although you would have hoped that flood defenses would have
improved drastically in 60 years....

We're fine as we are on high ground but I have family that is not.....We
still don't know what is going to hit the town yet but hey, ho.....

Gill