Old 24-07-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Deer prevention

Once I was looking for Cucumber magnolia trees for optimum fertility level
in old growth forest. I was at red oak camp ground and called the US Forest
Service and they could not tell me where to find such trees. I followed a
bear at the camp grounds and the bear took me to a young cucumber magnolia.
Then he or she went to a dumpster that said Valentine. I have a picture of
that. My birth day is valentines day. Oh, wee, just my crazy way of
thinking. I do think. I would not get to close to a bear though. They are
not my enemy.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Sometime I will share my story about a bear.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

That was really a silly response, John. And, you don't actually have a
problem with hunters, unless you are a vegetarian.

Are you a vegetarian?

I used to be until a friend of mine put a Philly cheese steak in my face.
I have followed bear and deer and saw fun things. It does bother me,
i.e., the way the deer have been pushed from once fertile forest, to farm
lands, to housing developments. Life is a journey, powered by the sun.
On this journey I have become connected to bear and deer. I have no
problem with deer. Another good friend of mine was in front of me
heading south on 202 when a small heard of deer where jumping into cars.
There is a medium of about 30' of mowed turf. All of the deer except a
young one got across the North bound lanes. Speed limit 55MPH. Me and
my friend stopped. I went into the medium and the young deer came over
and placed his or her head on my leg. My friend and I had trouble
stopping North bound traffic for the young one to cross. Finally one
driver did stop and others followed and the deer crossed and went off.
The sad thing is the deer was coming from and heading into, another
development where most likely was thought of as a nuisance as many of you
claim. That's where I am at. The deer are not my enemy. Yes I eat
meat. I would rather be vegetarian to be honest. Oh well. PEACE!

You are not my enemy are you?